Stelios Karageorgiou A.E.B.E. (“the Company”) collects and process your personal data always in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Reg. 2016/679) and the applicable law. The Company takes all the necessary measures to protect the interests and data of the data subjects, and in particular to ensure that the data collected by the Company are subject to legal, fair and transparent processing.
1. Personal Data we collect
The Company does not collect automatically information that personalize you, such as your full name, address, email etc when you visit the website “karageorgiou.gr”. Such information is collected only if you willingly accepted to provide them.
User/ Clients of website
During your browsing and use of the website without user/member registration we do not collect your personal data. You will be asked to provide specific personal data while placing your order in the e-shop in order to complete the order of the Company’s products.
Personal Data we collect at the stage of the order are: name, surname, e-mail address, contact details, shipping address, billing address (in case it is different from the shipping address), invoicing details (company name, profession and address of the registered office, VAT number, Tax Registration number and Tax Office)
Users who wish to create an account in the e-shop of the website consent to the collection and processing by the Company of the following personal data: name, surname, username, e-mail address, password, shipping address, billing address (in case it is different from the shipping address), invoicing details (company name, occupation and registered office address, VAT number, Tax Registration number and Tax Office), order history.
In addition, it is possible to collect certain data from advertisers that allow us to provide personalized advertisements (such as cookies or mobile IDs, conclusions for your interests). For more information about cookies, please see Use of Terms.
2. Purposes of processing data
Personal Data provided in the e-shop of the Company are used only by Company or its affiliated businesses, in order to execute, support and promote the transaction.
In particular, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To comply with our contractual obligations in the context of an order and delivery agreement of our products
- For the improvement and better function of our e-shop and website
- To contact you for any modification, alteration, change or correction of your order
- To analyze your personalized consumer behavior in order to send commercial communication with personalized offers for products or services according to your preferences
- To comply with our legal obligations and to challenge, raise or exercise legal claims before the courts of this country or before any competent authority
- For the fulfillment of our contractual obligations towards third parties (e.g., transport/shipping companies)
3. Recipients of data
We may disclose your personal data to service providers acting on our behalf, to our colleagues/partners or third parties with your consent. We clarify that we do not disclose personal data to third parties except only for the provision of certain services.
Service Providers: We may disclose your personal data to service providers who provide certain services on our behalf. These providers include companies hired to provide customer service, technical security of our systems and services, technical support and promotion of our services and products.
Advertising partners: We may share your personal data with advertising partners in order to provide you with advertisements we consider to be of most immediate interest to you (personalized advertising).
Transport Companies: We allow access to your data to cooperating transport companies or transport companies or agencies of our choice for the shipment and delivery of our products.
Others: We may share your data with others with your consent or if we consider disclosure necessary to comply with a legal obligation (eg tax, legal authorities) or to comply with a valid legal procedure or for reasons of national security or public interest, if we determine that that such interests override our own interests and / or rights, or in case of sale, reorganization or merger of our Company.
4. Data retention time
We retain your personal data for the period required until the purposes for which they were originally collected are attained. We may, however, be required to retain your data for a longer period of time in the following cases:
- If there is a legal obligation according to applicable law.
- For use before tax and social security authorities as well as any other auditing authority within the legal limitation period.
- Until the expiration of limitation period of our legal claims, so as to exercise our rights and legal interests before any competent Court and any other public authority.
5. Rights of data subjects (individuals)
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- right of access and obtain information in regard with the processing of your personal data
- right to rectification of your personal data
- right to erasure of part or all of personal data if they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected (right to be forgotten)
- right to restrict processing of your personal data in case (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of them, (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead, (c) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the exercise of legal claims, (d) you object to processing, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override those of yours,
- right to data portability of your personal data, meaning the right to receive a copy of your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request, if it is possible, to transmit those data to another data controller. This right concerns personal data you have provided to us and their processing is carried out by automated means and is based on consent or on the execution of the relevant agreement.
- right to object to processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation,
- right to revoke consent to processing your personal data at any time, in case the processing is based on consent. The revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of processing that was based on the given consent at the time before the revocation,
- right to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
For the user to exercise his/her rights he/she should submit a special request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case the company will take every possible measure to satisfy the request within (1) one month from its submission.
The Company may use your e-mail address to advertise its products and services. In any case, your prior consent is required through the special application fields.
The subscribers of the service can be deleted from the list of recipients at any time. In this case their email is permanently deleted. The e-mails of the newsletter subscribers are used exclusively for the purpose of advertising.
7. Security of personal data
We protect your personal data by taking all necessary organizational and technical measures to avoid any form of illegal or unfair processing.
In particular, to ensure the confidentiality of data transfer, an encryption protocol is used. The encryption protocol ensures that all data you provide to us is encrypted so that it cannot be decrypted or changed when transferred to Internet.
Access to the Company’s systems (servers) is controlled by a firewall, which allows the use of specific services by users while prohibiting access to systems and databases with confidential company data and information.
For any clarification, including any issue related to the processing of your data and the exercise of your rights, you can contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com .